A Better You
Our Body is an amazing machine designed by nature.
In the womb we were made perfectly.
What mom ate formed our whole body.
Now what we eat forms our body and influences our behavior.
Did you know?
In 28 days our skin replaces itself completely.
In 5 months our liver replenishes.
Our bones are completely transformed every 10 years.
Every single cell gets rejuvenated in 10 days – 10 years.
All these cells for the automatic changes are made by your body from the food you eat. What you eat literally becomes you.
Coupled with food, exercise also forms an important part of our body’s health. Most people associate exercise with long, dull hours at the gym. Here are my top tips to make exercise, an absolutely fun activity everyday:
- Dance: Whatever your style, put on some music and bring out the dancer in you. This activity is great with children and not only will it give you the much needed dose of workout, but will also help boost your immunity.
- Hiking with friends: Next time you decide to meet up , skip the cafe and go out for a hike instead. The session will add more memories and burnout a lot of calories.
- Play a musical instrument : Did you know playing the violin for an hour burns about as many calories as walking around a track at a moderate pace for an hour? It turns out, our brains can burn boatloads of calories too. So challenge your brain!
- Yoga : Build flexibility, strength, and learn to relax. There are million kinds of yoga, so sign up for a few different kinds and see which one lines up the best with what you’re looking for.
- Play video games that make you active : Wii Tennis, Wii Fit, Just Dance on Xbox Kinect, and whatever games actually exist for the Sony Move. Make a rule that you can only play while standing up and you will notice the difference on your weighing scale.
These are my top tips. Let me know yours. I always love to hear from you.
I consider nutrition to be everything that is received by all our 5 senses. What does this mean? Everything we eat, see, speak, hear and feel are part of our nutrition. I’ve made it my life’s work to help others unlock their body’s miraculous power to prevent, treat and heal disease. I don’t believe in “diets,” fads, or “isms.” I believe in delicious foods, herbal remedies, and lifestyle improvements that are:
- Seasonal, local and organic
- Aligned with your environment and unique biochemistry
- Rooted in ancient wisdom
- Steeped in common sense
When our body, spirit, and emotions work together, we can enjoy vibrant health, boundless energy, and look and feel great.
Start putting your dollars to good quality food that you will enjoy rather than break the bank on prescription medications that lead to uncomfortable side effects without relief. Stop paying for healthcare that doesn’t create health, and start paying your local, organic farmer for seasonal foods that can enhance vitality. It’s time to ditch the meds!